We are at week 6 already?!
Congratulations! You have made it all the way to day 6! You have completed a set of very significant actions that have brought you closer to happiness. You still have 24 days to go. Get ready to continue changing your life every day for the better. The current weekly theme is called “Eat Right and Be Fit”. It is all about doing small (but significant) changes to your daily habits. These habits include all areas of daily life that relate to health. This includes:
- Proper, balanced nutrition
- Participation in a fitness routine
- Ensure regular sleep habits
- Pay attention to your mental and emotional well-being
This week we are focusing on #1 and #2.
This is likely the easiest way to feel better and to find higher levels of happiness in your life. Eat healthy food and try to get physical exercise every day. If it is so easy to understand and so easy to do…than why are we not doing this already?
Great Question Indeed!
This is where the excuses begin.
Some excuses are legitimate and some are less than legitimate. See the top 10 list of excuses people make for not exercising and eating well.
Top 10 List of illegitimate reason that people do not exercise or eat well.
- This is the way I am. Exercise and diet are not going got change me.
- I do not enjoy exercising and dieting.
- I do not have anyone to exercise with.
- I do not have the willpower.
- I do not know how to eat well.
- I do not know the right form to exercise and I do not want to hurt myself.
- I am too old.
- I am too tired.
- I messed up already today so I may as well start again tomorrow (and eat junk today).
- There was NO time! There are not enough hours in the day.
Top 5 Legitimate reasons to NOT exercise
- This one time you had to prioritize something over exercise. Once in awhile something legitimately pops us that will cause you to swap exercise for something else. Do not beat yourself up if it happens once in awhile.
- You have a headache. A headache could get worse if you exert too much.
- You find no enjoyment in exercise. If so…do not do it. Find another way to get physical movement into your day. Take a vigorous walk or play a team sport.
- You are pregnant and again..your doctor has told you to NOT exercise. In most cases mild to moderate exercise during pregnancy is perfectly safe.
- Medical reason. Doctors have literally told you to avoid physical exercise.
Make one small change. You can choose from the list above or come up with your own small change. Share with us and the Eh! Be Positive community the change that you are making. You will maintain this change for 30 days. Update us along the way if you can. We love to see people achieving their goals.
Enter the challenge by sending or posting a photo of yourself doing your small change.
Enter the photo in one of the following ways:
– Send us your photo at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Tweet us a photo by clicking here.
Cara and I will be posting our pictures later this week.
Sharing photos and ideas helps to motivate us.
Be strong. Get Fit. Eat well and….EH! Be Positive!